what is latino?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity what is latino?

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nelson-A20174
    Participant

Taking into account that latino is not a race but a cultural and geographical group, like saying ‘american’, with latinos of all creeds and colors, and given the fact that in some latin american countries whites make up more than 95% of the people (i.e. Argentina, Uruguay, etc) and in others about one third of the population (i.e. Venezuela, Colombia, etc), why is it that most non-latins have the impression that latin means brown skinned, black hair, catholic, and suave (you know, the stereotype). There is also a pretty large jewish population in latin-america, and even Jeovah witnesses. I wish to know if what you (non-latins) just read is new to you or if you already knew that latin people are either white, black, indigenous, or a mix (brown). I want to know just how much is the latin stereotype imbedded in the rest of the world.

User Detail :  

Name : Nelson-A20174, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Caracas, State : NA Country : Venezuela, Occupation : lawyer/business, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.