refused unemployment

Home Forums Occupation refused unemployment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

J. Masiulewicz
    Participant

I was recently fired from my job of three years. For the first time in my life I applied for unemployment. After six weeks of waiting I was informed that I was refused unemployment because I had been terminated. I find it hard to believe that out of the millions of people who are receiving unemployment, that none of them are unemployeed because they were fired. Incidentally, I was fired because during a conversation I used the word “boobs” and a fellow employee found that word offensive and filed a complaint of “use of improper or abusive language”.

User Detail :  

Name : J. Masiulewicz, Gender : Male, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 44, City : jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Mara
    Participant

Unemployment insurance is for people who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. You were probably denied because you were fired ‘for cause’, that is, the company fired you for something you did that violated their code of conduct. Personally, unless you work in the Adult Entertainment industry, I can’t imagine any professional setting where talking about “boobs” would ever be appropriate or professional.

User Detail :  

Name : Mara, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 40, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : data entry, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.