elderly parents

Home Forums Age-related elderly parents

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Frank-$
    Participant

It seems that I have become less patient lately in dealing with my elderly parents and their issues.Maybe its just I have so little time for myself or my own family. I feel guilty about this attitude, Is anyone else in the same boat?

User Detail :  

Name : Frank-$, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, 

ShirleyAvery
    Participant

Yes. Even though I’m not married with a family of my own, I do have a busy life. My 86 year old mother lives on her own and feels frail, though she gets around pretty well. She’s losing her short-term memory and we’re getting medical help, testing, etc. for that, but other relatives make her feel like an invalid. I try to point out all the things she’s still able to do – read fiction and comprehend, play cards with her friends, function in daily life (except for driving) and I encourage her to do as much as she can for herself. I remind her that she’s not totally incapacitated. I think it makes her feel better & more in control of her life. Just Curious

User Detail :  

Name : ShirleyAvery, Gender : F, Disability : none, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : st. louis, State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.