You call that casual?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity You call that casual?

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dan27168
    Participant

It’s an odd habit of mine to observe what people wear, even though I’m pretty much anti-fashion (the most expensive thing on me are my boots). I’ve noticed that certain people, usually upper-middle or upper class businessmen, have a very odd way of dressing casual. Crisp expensive Polo shirts or button-up shirts from Eddie Bauer (always tucked in and neatly pressed), butt-tight painstakingly tailored slacks or khakis with a designer belt that cost 50 bucks, socks that cost 20 bucks, and expensive Rockport shoes. To me that’s formal wear! Some of these guys even wear outfits like this while playing catch with their kids in a park on a Sunday afternoon, or going fishing. Why don’t they wear a t-shirt or A-shirt, oversized shorts and ratty sneakers like the rest of us laid-back guys? Are they afraid they might run into a client while tossing a frisbee in the park? Are they constantly trying to project a certain image? Or would they feel uncomfortable wearing anything else?

User Detail :  

Name : Dan27168, Gender : M, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Pentecostal, Age : 21, City : L.A. area, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.