Women, friendship and intimacy

Home Forums Gender Women, friendship and intimacy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dan S.

I have been told by numerous women that they believe physical intimacy would ruin a good friendship. Some of these have been strictly intellectual discussions, while others have been justifications to me by close female friends (although they admit strong temptation). To my reasoning, this point of view means that spouses can’t be friends, and people would be limited to sleeping with their enemies. Why are physical intimacy and friendship considered mutually exclusive by many women?

User Detail :  

Name : Dan S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 49, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jennifer31038
    Participant

They aren’t saying spouses can’t or shouldn’t be friends. They are saying they enjoy being friends with you (or the man in question) but don’t see a long-term future with you, or they aren’t interested in a long-term relationship at that time. A physical intimacy would change the friendship in such a way that it could never be just a friendship again, so they would ultimately lose you as someone in their lives. It’s like passing the point of no return – you either continue with a serious relationship or the relationship ends. They don’t want to lose your friendship.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer31038, Gender : F, Age : 28, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, 

Bert
    Participant

I am no expert, but I would imagine that they are not interested in you sexually. I have been told by women that the “losing the friendship” line is just easier to say than telling someone they are not interested in them physically. Don’t worry about it too much; if she genuinely likes you as a friend, she may want to help you sleep with her sister or friends!

User Detail :  

Name : Bert, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 31, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.