Why the Jewish focus on the Holy Land?

Home Forums Religion Why the Jewish focus on the Holy Land?

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Rhianna
    Participant

I have many Jewish friends and coworkers and have learned a lot about the wonderful richness of Jewish culture, worship and tradition. However, I still can’t figure out why Jewish people all over the world are so focused on Israel and a Jewish state there. Could someone explain to me in a nutshell the importance of Zionism? Why, for instance, would Jewish families who were living perfectly good lives here in the U.S. emigrate to Israel where all the violence is going on? Why can’t someone be Jewish and revel in their tradition without focusing so obsessively on Israel? I realize it’s historic and scriptural value to the Jewish faith but the escalating bloodshed just makes it all confusing for those of us who aren’t familiar with true Jewish feelings about this. Any help you could give would be very much appreciated.

User Detail :  

Name : Rhianna, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 30, City : Charlotte, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Customer service, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.