Why do white women whine?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why do white women whine?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Renata-G30138
    Participant

Scenario: I’m at work. An error is made. Rather than fixing the problem, the next sound you hear will be of a white female either screaming, banging her head against a filing cabinet or whining like a male dog in heat being rejected by the last living female dog. What is with that?

User Detail :  

Name : Renata-G30138, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 

John K.

I find this amusing in a very sad way. We have people here at work that do the same thing. Of course, the people who whine here at work are white, black, Latino, Indian, etc…the only thing they have in common is a personality type. The same applies in reverse: the ones who will stop and fix the problem share a different personality type. So the question is, why target white women in particular? Why make that needless generalization? Your descriptions seem to indicate that you have some very deeply held resentment towards these women. Could the problem be a personal one, or perhaps your personal hatred of whites? Your language, intentional or not, hints to that possibility. In my experience with people of this personality type, the best thing to do is ignore them. Trust me, it’s better that way. Let them whine and cry, and take the opportunity to take charge and show them who’s got the ability.

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 27, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jodi P.

Wow. I wonder how you get any work done with all that going on around you. As a white female who works with many other white females, I can assure you that most of us are quite capable of solving our problems with a minimum of fuss. However, there are two possible explanations that spring to mind as to why your co-workers exhibit these behavoirs. 1) From childhood, many females are conditioned to believe that they are ‘damsels in distress’ who require the services of a ‘Prince Charming’ to help them out of sticky situations. Perhaps your co-workers have let this fairy tale myth spill over into their adult lives. 2) Or, maybe these behavoirs are simply ways to relieve stress. After they bang their heads a few times, maybe they feel better prepared to tackle the problem before them. It’s unprofessional and inconsiderate to relieve stress so loudly that it disturbs co-workers, but for them, it could be the only way they know how to do it. As for why you see these behavoirs only in the white women, I don’t know. Perhaps you have negative feelings about whites in general and therefore their quirks are magnified in your eyes. Or maybe it’s just the luck of the draw that you got stuck sitting near so many white whiners. Just remember not all of us are like that!

User Detail :  

Name : Jodi P., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 26, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Editor, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

SR28427
    Participant

It sounds like the women you work with are psycho. I feel sorry for you. It sounds like a woman they work with (you, Renata) make pretty bad blanket judgments based on race. So I feel sorry for them, too. I’ve seen white women flip out and black women flip out. It has more to do with the way you’re raised to handle stress. Apparently your co-workers don’t handle it well, but I don’t think white women are shortwired in any way. If people around you are really screaming and banging their heads all the time, maybe you should call a doctor for them and then find a new job.

User Detail :  

Name : SR28427, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 21, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

I think the ansewr to your question is: I think it starts when they are young. They watch their mom get their way from whineing. So it does not take long before a white women figures out the power of whineing. Here are some problems white women incounter with whinning. They learn to depend on their whinning. When they whine things get done. So when they need help the first thing that comes to mind is to whine. Well what do they do when no one helps? panic!! Also look at how men react to their whineing. Black and white men seem to just run to aid white women when they whine. They can make best friends fight from their whineing. I call it crying any time you here a white women whineing tell her stop crying. It makes them mad. ‘I aint crying’ is the must comon response. Then responde again ‘are you still crying about something’ it will stop them from doing it more. They will wonder why you think they are always crying. I am white and latino, but the trend seems to be catching on to latino women to! Thats why gota have a black women if you want independent women w/ strong attitude.

User Detail :  

Name : christopher J Le Cou, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : A.D.D. and biniontremmor, Race : white and latino, Religion : open mind, Age : 25, City : Spokane, State : WA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower class, 

pugsley
    Participant

provide a specific example of the ‘errors’ you’re talking about, please.

User Detail :  

Name : pugsley, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Liz22545
    Participant

Seems to me you work with a strange bunch of women. Some women whine, bitch and moan more than others. Some just locate the problem and try to fix it, which is what I usually do. Personally I cannot stand whining. I don’t tolerate it from my kids and certainly not from so called adult co-workers.

User Detail :  

Name : Liz22545, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : Boise, State : ID Country : United States, Occupation : Fedral Employee, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

Laura-H22967
    Participant

As with many things, it depends on the individual. It is more noticable when someone starts whining because it’s so annoying. But it exists in every ethnic background. I have heard black women whine, I have heard black men whine, I have heard Asian men and women whine. I have also seen people of each ethnicity roll up their sleeves and solve problems. It’s just that the negative is usually more noticable than the positive.

User Detail :  

Name : Laura-H22967, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Schaumburg, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

SR28458
    Participant

Bleh…I really can’t believe this question was posted. This is a great site, but how about some consistency? If some questions are censored for their ‘provocative’ nature, then this should have been one of them. I’m actually a bit more in favor of no censorship at all and being able to read all the questions you receive…but did something go wrong here? I am truly mystified. I also wonder how many responses you’ve received to this question, and why none have been posted.

User Detail :  

Name : SR28458, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 21, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : student, 

T27559
    Participant

In my opinion it’s their way of asking for help. Or showing aggravation. A lot of women I know expect ‘help’ when things go wrong and whine to get it. I’m white, and when things go wrong, I just handle them.

User Detail :  

Name : T27559, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Springfield, State : IL Country : United States, 

jane-doe20931
    Participant

I am a white female who went to work in a large company where I was one of a handful of whites (less than a dozen out of nearly 200.) I was assigned to a black female supervisor and was the ONLY white female ‘on the team.’ We were permitted to dress casually and had UNPAID meal breaks. When I even went to the bathroom, I noticed that I was followed by one the black supervisor’s cronnies. This supervisor INTERFERED EVEN BEFORE WORK BY IGNORING THE FACT THAT I WOULD SIT IN THE EMPLOYEES’ LOUNGE–BEFORE CLOCKING IN–AND TRY TO READ MY BOOK AND ENJOY A CUP OF COFFEE. HER COMMENTS WERE IRRELEVANT AND VERY ANNOYING. On Fridays, dress down day, she REQURIED that ‘her team’ eat at a certain eatery–despite THE MEAL BREAK BEING UNPAID. At first, I could accept that. WHAT I DID NOT ACCEPT WAS THE FACT THAT THE BLACK SUPERVISOR WAS AT THE TIME ASKING ME PRYING, ILLEGAL QUESTIONS ABOUT MY PERSONAL LIFE. AFTER ONE SUCH INCIDENT, I GOT UP AND WALKED OUT. When confronted, I TOLD THIS NOSY, INTERFERING FEMALE THAT THE BREAK WAS UNPAID AND/OR THAT I WAS UNDER NO LEGAL REQUIREMENTS TO ANSWER HER NOSY, INTERFERING QUESTIONS. When I later learned that she was trying to coerce me into dating a certain black male in the same company, I consulted an attorney who specializes in work related law. I WENT OVER THE SUPERVISOR’S HEAD WITH MY COMPLAINTS OF RACIAL AND SEXUAL HARRASSMENT. THE SUPERVISOR WAS SEVERELY REPRIMANDED! WHY WHINE IN SUCH A SITUATION? AN ATTORNEY IS A MUCH BETTER SOLUTION! (*THE BLACK NEEDED TO LEARN NOT TO TOUCH PEOPLE WITHOUT PERMISSION; NOT TO ASK ILLEGAL QUESTIONS AND NOT TO TRY AND COERCE EMPLOYEES INTO AN UNWANTED RELATIONSHIP!)

User Detail :  

Name : jane-doe20931, City : anon, State : NA Country : United States, 
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.