Why are black people afraid of cats?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Why are black people afraid of cats?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CatherineP

While I don’t know more than a few black people on a close personal level, the one’s I do are all terrified of cats. Is this generally a true statement? If yes, why do black people love dogs so much? They’re way scarier than cats.

User Detail :  

Name : CatherineP, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20+, City : Akron, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

JessicaI

I have been dying to figure this out as well! I work at a hardware store and we have two very well-behaved, stray cats that we adopted and feed inside the store. Nine out of ten black customers (usually women) will comment about the cats and skirt around them and some even have their friends as guides enter the store first to make sure the cats aren’t nearby! I do not understand this. I’ve seen one white woman who was extremely afraid of our cat and equated it to a phobia. Somebody please have the answer to this, it’s been driving me crazy!

User Detail :  

Name : JessicaI, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : NONE, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 23, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : cashier, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower class, 

It’s in born. Of many millenia Africans were nearly at the top of the food chain in their environment due to their ability to partially organize huntiing parties and communicate, albiet somewhat limited. But there were still a few predators above Africans, rhino, hippos and of course lions and tigers. Now you are not going to find a miniture rhino or hippo in someones home, but you will find a miniture cat. Between intellect and primitive response in black people, the primitive response wins out.

User Detail :  

Name : SteveJohnson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Deaf, Race : Asian, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 57, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Psychologist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

It’s in born. Of many millenia Africans were nearly at the top of the food chain in their environment due to their ability to partially organize huntiing parties and communicate, albiet somewhat limited. But there were still a few predators above Africans, rhino, hippos and of course lions and tigers. Now you are not going to find a miniture rhino or hippo in someones home, but you will find a miniture cat. Between intellect and primitive response in black people, the primitive response wins out.

User Detail :  

Name : SteveJohnson, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Deaf, Race : Asian, Religion : Buddhist, Age : 57, City : DC, State : DC Country : United States, Occupation : Psychologist, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.