White women more compatible?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity White women more compatible?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Recently a female friend overheard a white woman tell another white woman that she felt she would be more compatible dating the black man she was observing who was with a black woman. Do white women think they have more in common with black men than black women have with black men?

User Detail :  

Name : Kofi Manani, Gender : M, Race : Black/African American, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Michelle Coon
    Participant

I don’t think anyone is more compatible with any certain race. I believe it is how and who you are raised with, stop and think about it if a newborn black baby is put with a white family from day one. The baby is going to learn the white traits of the family it was raised with.I believe love has no age or color anyway.

User Detail :  

Name : Michelle Coon, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Wiccan, City : Marlette, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : homemaker/admin. assistant, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

g

I think Black men have allowed White women to think they are more compatible. What was once considered to be taboo is now so acceptable that White women now feel they can step over a Black woman to get to the Black man. Black men’s egos have been stroked by this new acceptabilty and this new desire to be with them.

User Detail :  

Name : g, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Methodist, Age : 43, City : p, State : AZ Country : United States, Occupation : Educator, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jason

I’m obviously not a white woman, but I do know plenty of them. I think that woman your friend over heard is part of a VERY small %. In fact, that’s the first time I’ve ever heard a white woman having said that. Sounds very strange to me…

User Detail :  

Name : Jason, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 22, City : chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : Sales, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Nicole-S
    Participant

I think maybe. I usally date black men and when iv been out on a date some black women have made rude comments and it has made me uncomfortable but i have many girl friends who are black and i feel just as close to them as i do to any of my white friends. Another thing though could be that alot of women need a man so white or black they’er going to feel more comfortable with a man then a women.

User Detail :  

Name : Nicole-S, City : Camden, State : ME Country : United States, 

Perhaps it was just that the white woman thought she was better suited for that particular man than the woman who was with him was. Not that she thought that because she was white and the other woman was not, but because she thought she was more like him based on personality. I have found that for the most part, the people that I know don’t look at black people and think, ‘hey there’s a black person.’ It’s more like, ‘hey, there’s a person.’

User Detail :  

Name : Manna Fisher, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 20, City : Bedford, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Home maker, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Valerie

I couldn’t imagine someone thinking they have more in common with a person just because of skin color. Any person who would base their belief of being more compatible with another human being on race is either very close minded to the ways of this world or a complete idiot.

User Detail :  

Name : Valerie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 23, City : Seabrook, State : SC Country : United States, Occupation : house wife, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

G

Speaking from personal experience, I believe my husband prefers myself and the other white women he has dated, because in my culture, the man is the king of his castle. I think my husband, and other black men, do not always vie for the white skin, but love the fact that he is not being harassed when he comes home, or, if he does, or does not have a job.

User Detail :  

Name : G, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : Capitol Heights, State : MD Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Rick29900
    Participant

It could just mean that one white woman thinks she would have more in common with one black man than the woman he is currently with. From what you’ve said it doesn’t appear to have anything to do with white women or black men or women in total.

User Detail :  

Name : Rick29900, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : Springfield, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Jas31211
    Participant

It amazes me when I hear statements such as these. White Women claiming to have more in common with a Black Man than a Black Woman( and I don’t mean just in terms of a shared race). Her comments come off to me as being incredibly arrogant. Many White females feel that they should have just about any black man that they want simply by their virtue of being white. By just observing someone and their behaviourisms she cannot make accurate judgements about what type of personality that person has. So what if the Black Man and Black Woman are complete opposites? They share a common experience as minorities living in America. They might also share a long friendship, common goals and a deep love of a shared culture and so forth.

User Detail :  

Name : Jas31211, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Baptist, Age : 24, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

trip24898
    Participant

why are so many black men so ‘macho’? and why do they disrespect women so much. there seems to be alot of woman hating among young black men. and they also seem overly sex crazed and immature. later……………

User Detail :  

Name : trip24898, City : columbia, State : MD Country : United States, 

Jas31212
    Participant

I had to laugh when I read that statement from that WF. For her to have the absolute gall in thinking that she has more in common with a BM than a BW is typically arrogant of the ideas of many WF’s. Don’t get me wrong, WP can have things in common with people of other races, but as for the majority of it WP are completely clueless and often oblivious when it comes to issues affecting African Americans and other people of color around the world. As BP we share more than just a race, we share common ideas, culture, and everyday dramas that affect us regardless of our socioeconomica status.

User Detail :  

Name : Jas31212, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Age : 24, City : Long Island, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

SP
    Participant

First of all you describe your friend listening in on someone else’s conversation which makes me think that she didn’t hear the whole story. So the answer to your question in no white women do not feel they have more in common with black men than black women have with black men. Maybe the woman talking was observing two people who didn’t act like they were right for each other. My guess is it didn’t have anything to do with the race of the people, more likely it had to do with the way the people were acting with each other which made the woman say she thought she would be more compatible with the other man. White women, on a whole, do not go out and think that black women have less in common with black men. That is just silly.

User Detail :  

Name : SP, City : Morristown, State : NJ Country : United States, 

Lacy

I am a Puerto Rican female. I was pretty much raised in a white home. As a whole, I don’t think that we have any more in common with a black male than black women do. Diferent people might have more chemistry than others, but I don’t think our race has anything to do with it. When I see a good looking guy I don’t focus on his race. I look at this face and butt.

User Detail :  

Name : Lacy, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), City : Tucson, State : AZ Country : United States, 

A.R.

I’m a white woman who is attracted to black men, but I certainly don’t think it’s because I would be more compatible! I don’t know if the conversation she heard was out of context, but otherwise, that specific white woman is just a little odd.

User Detail :  

Name : A.R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 30, City : Astoria, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Actor, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.