(White?) parents killing their kids

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity (White?) parents killing their kids

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

P.P.

Recently in the news I have heard of several parents killing their own kids. Most of these parents are white. Do mostly white women suffer from post-partum depression? Am I correct in my observation that most of the parents are white in these news stories? Is there something in the white value system/culture that makes this more prevalent?

User Detail :  

Name : P.P., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Sikh, Age : 53, City : Porterville, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : nurse, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Rich

This is far from only a white problem, as parents, especially mothers, of all races have killed their babies/children in recent years. There is, however, a separate though related issue with urban, mostly black or Hispanic mothers abandoning their children in Dumpsters, alleys, etc. that is economically related for the most part. Some of these children are not found in time and do not survive. If you are talking about post-partum psychotic infanticide, there are definitely verifiable cases that do not discriminate by race (mother in Texas was white, Hispanic mother in Paterson, N.J., threw young child in the Passaic River, black woman in New York threw baby out the window, etc). This is a major psychiatric problem that requires treatment and possibly prosecution, depending on whether the act was committed in a psychotic state or just diminished capacity, which mitigates charges and sentences, though the person is still legally responsible for his or her actions.

User Detail :  

Name : Rich, Gender : M, Age : 25, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Technology consulting, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 

Ravi Dunn

Your observation is probably due to being in a prdominantly white culture. I beleive there are literally millions of ‘missing’ girls in India (for example) where female children are not equally values for social/cultural reasons. In the UK there are cases amoung many ethnic groups though fortuneately few nough as not to form representative samples.

User Detail :  

Name : Ravi Dunn, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Hetrosexual, Race : IndoEuropean, Religion : Atheist, Age : 39, City : Bristol, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : IT, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.