What is the holy spirit?

Home Forums Religion What is the holy spirit?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

CarrieT

I grew up Catholic, but in my many many many years of CCE, I never did learn what the holy spirit was. I was thinking maybe the soul? But that’s a pretty individual concept. Then I thought maybe some kind of all-encompassing human soul, even though it’s referred to as a single entity along with the Father and the Son…but that’s way too hippy-dippy to be a Catholic thing.

User Detail :  

Name : CarrieT, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, 

SD

In the Bible, Jesus speaks to his Disciples about the Holy Sprit. The passage can be found in John 16 versus 5 through 10. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are part of the Trinity, which can be a challenging concept theologically! The Holy Spirit is not a human soul. The Holy Spirit is often referred to as “The Comforter.” Although they seem to be separate entities, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one entity with three parts – kind of like a three-leaf clover. Basically, I look at the Holy Spirit as the one who took over after Jesus ascended to heaven to comfort and protect us until He returns again. Hope that helps.

User Detail :  

Name : SD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 38, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Executive, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

TM

The Holy is part of the Holy trinity. The Holy spirit is the spirit of God, dwelling inside of you, if you look in the first couple of chapters of the book of Acts, you can find out about the day of Pentecost, where the disciples were all in the upper room, praying together on one accord, and the Holy spirit came to the like a mighty rushing wind. In my experience, and I am happy to say that I have the Holy Spirit dwelling in me, I am able to do more things, deal with situations better, knowing that God is always with me, the Holy Spirit is ancient and can help you when you just don’t know what to do. We all need him, the comforter, as many people call him, especially now, in the times in which we are living. We all have the Holy Spirit, we just need to recieve him, and if you believe,

User Detail :  

Name : TM, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.