What colognes do women like?

Home Forums Gender What colognes do women like?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Brandon
    Participant

What colognes/body sprays/etc. do women prefer their men wear? Feel free to get detailed (in the day, in the evening, what types of scents, etc.)

User Detail :  

Name : Brandon, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 20, City : Memphis, State : TN Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

KCE

I grew up in the country and around horses. So I prefer male body sprays that have a ‘leather’ or ‘outdoorsy’ base to them, such as Stetson or Santa Fe for the day. For something more formal (read: an evening date), I like a clean scent that is still ‘outdoorsy’, such as Drakkar or Cool Water. Some of my female friends who grew up ocean-side or in the big city prefer other scents such as Axe or Smalto. My advice also is to find out what her father wears on a regular basis and steer clear of it. It may get subconsciously weird for her.

User Detail :  

Name : KCE, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : scientist, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Anna

Darlin’, women are like night and day. Some of them, I’m sure, don’t like any artificial smells. Some probably like the stuff poured on. I’d say a consensus among my girlfriends and I would be as follows:

Be clean generally – clean teeth, clean hair, clean feet. .. clean HANDS.
    Generally men’s deodorant is designed to smell good. To us. So go for it. Also a consensus: Old Spice is good.
    Cologne is unnecessary, but not necessarily unwanted. It should be good quality, used sparingly … and maybe most importantly, used far enough in advance to give it time to blend in with your smell, because that’s the real point. Pity the man who has no scent whatsoever. That’s what we really want, just a “you”-smell.

Good luck. And if she buys you cologne … wear it. Duh! You have no idea how many guys don’t get this.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna, Gender : F, City : Rutland, State : VT Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

Lily22928
    Participant

Most of the women I know don’t like cologne all that much. I prefer a fellow who simply smells clean, like shampoo or soap or what-have-you.

User Detail :  

Name : Lily22928, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 17, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jo

My husband tends to bathe in cologne, no matter what kind he gets for Christmas/birthday. Because of this, I have hinted to every gift-giver to go with something that’s not that strong and lasts awhile. I leave it up to them what to get, though. My personal favorites are Clinique Happy and Drakkar Noir. They just smell great. He used to wear Aspen (not too bad after an hour), Obsession and, of course, Old Spice. Every man has his own ‘scent,’ and I guess it really depends on how the cologne enhances that. Maybe you could try like 10 sample colognes and let your partner pick her favorite.

User Detail :  

Name : Jo, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 32, City : Lavonia, State : GA Country : United States, Occupation : Domestic Engineer, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Arc23766
    Participant

It depends on the man. I like wood or spice scents on my man, partly because they suit his woodsy personality and partly because they work really well with his natural chemistry. My brother smells great in LaCoste, which I never would have thought. Mostly, I think, you need to find a scent that makes you feel good, because it probably reflects some part of you that you like to accent. If you ask for samples at a department store, they will happily give you some so you can test them one at a time (layering is a really bad idea…) You can also try out scented oils at body shops or New Age-type stores. Sometimes, a simple scent works really well. One suggestion: don’t overdo it. Anyone bathed in cologne or perfume is an offense to the senses. You shouldn’t announce your arrival with scent, and it shouldn’t be obvious 5 minutes after you leave a room.

User Detail :  

Name : Arc23766, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Deist, Age : 40, City : Bloomington, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Taunya

One of my favorite colognes on men is Adidas for men. Tommy also smells pretty good. Basically, it’s sexy whenever a guy wears cologne – as long as it smells good.

User Detail :  

Name : Taunya, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 19, City : Yankton, State : SD Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

One cologne that makes my heart skip a beat every time is Gucci Rush for men. Also, Chrome by Azzuro, Acqua Di Gio by Armani. Oh and Sentiment by Escada.

User Detail :  

Name : Amecah Stewart, Gender : F, Age : 22, City : Ames, State : IA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lara26211
    Participant

Coast soap anytime. I think colognes can be suffocating and are best used in very small amounts and not daily. A man who’s showered, has on clean clothes and doesn’t work somewhere that stinks is so much more delicious than a man who’s sprayed something synthetic on his skin. Besides, colognes taste bad; clean skin tastes good, know what I mean?

User Detail :  

Name : Lara26211, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : San Carlos, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Bri
    Participant

Each woman has her own preference. My mother depises the smell of cologne on men, whereas I think it’s incredibly sexy. But a word of advice to all men: The natural ‘man smell’ is the best. You know what I’m talking about, girls.

User Detail :  

Name : Bri, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 23, City : Albany, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Counselor/Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Jennifer31061
    Participant

I don’t care for cologne. I prefer a clean, soapy smell on a man – Ivory is my favorite.

User Detail :  

Name : Jennifer31061, Gender : F, Age : 29, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

ED25453
    Participant

It doesn’t matter what he wears, as long as he bathes first and doesn’t use the whole bottle at once.

User Detail :  

Name : ED25453, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 47, City : Kansas City, State : MO Country : United States, 

Jay31353
    Participant

Tommy Hillfiger, Calvin Klein or Michael Kors – something with citrus that smells fresh and clean. Anything but stinky!!

User Detail :  

Name : Jay31353, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jill30675
    Participant

I read somewhere that studies say that women who like the ‘stink’ of their mates tend to be more loving and caring toward them. I remember my ex wore Danakar or whatever and at first I just thought he smelled cheap but clean. It was only after I started liking him that I started liking the scent. The truth is that all women and men would like their partner to smell nice – to them especially. Cleanliness is a key factor, but I’ve found that most cologne smells cheap and that I’m just wanting to like it because I like the guy. Whether you like it or not – the real question is if you like the guy. If you really like him you’ll get used to his smell. But the very best cologne I’ve ever smelled is the cologne my brother wears, the only guy I guess I know with taste. It’s like there’s something about that smell, it’s sweet and flowery but still manly. I swear it smells like guy candy. The name is ACQUA DI GIO from ArmaniI. I’ve heard there are female phermones in it. I’m not sure if it’s true, but as a female – and I can’t compare it to being a male – the scent is intoxicating – like have you ever smelled something so good you wanted to taste it? Your girl will love it!

User Detail :  

Name : Jill30675, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : No set religious beliefs, Age : 18, City : Beverly Hills, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Becky

I don’t like any colognes on men. I like a guy to smell a little like soap – like he just had a shower.

User Detail :  

Name : Becky, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : Tacoma, State : WA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.