Virginity a liability?

Home Forums Age-related Virginity a liability?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jay-K
    Participant

Why is it that young people seem to think something is wrong with you if you are a virgin? I’m 46 and proud that my wife is the only woman I have ever slept with.
    Original Code A18. Click here to see responses from the original archives.

User Detail :  

Name : Jay-K, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 46, City : Charleston, State : SC Country : United States, 

Colleen32004
    Participant

Not all young people feel this way. I’m 19 and proud to still be a virgin. Many people my age feel the same way. There is a great organization called True Love Waits that promotes abstinence until marriage or born again virgins as some cases may be.

I believe true love really does wait, and I have many friends who feel the same way. If and when I get married, I will be proud to say that my husband will be the only man I have been with.

User Detail :  

Name : Colleen32004, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 19, City : Kitchener, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Me21902
    Participant

With equality of the sexes came sexual liberation. Nowadays, sexual compatibility plays a more important role. Now that women have careers, they are no longer dependent on a husband to support them. As a result, women can be pickier about their partners, just as men can. Divorce is more commonly accepted, and so men and women can opt to divorce when they are sexually incompatible, although this can be costly financially and emotionally. So people tend to try to find out if this would be an issue ahead of time. I believe it’s important to discover if you are compatible before marriage. You wouldn’t want to marry someone and then find you had vastly differing views on children, right? How about life goals? It’s only natural to determine if you are sexually compatible. I did not marry a virgin, nor was I when I was married, but my wife was my first. We just chose to explore our sexuality before we were married.

User Detail :  

Name : Me21902, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : San Francisco Bay Area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Christina

I am a 21-year-old virgin, but not for the expected reasons. I had too many opportunities throughout my teen years to have sex, but it wasn’t the fact that they weren’t the ‘one’ that stopped me. It was me. The same is true for today. I am a college student, a mentor and bill payer. One day, when I am able to juggle all of these things and get everything paid for on time and organized, then maybe I will have sex. When I do, it will be on my time and my terms. I am not mature enough at this point to take on the risks that come along with having sex. I guess what I am saying is that it is important that a person knows where they are with themselves before they consider having sex.

User Detail :  

Name : Christina, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 21, City : San Diego, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student/ Mentor, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Angela

I believe that in today’s society there is far too much media stress on the fact that sex before marriage and having multiple partners is expected and ordinary. Television, movies, books, magazines and the Internet all treat casual sex as a normal and positive force in peoples’ lives, and rarely illustrate the negative ramifications, such as disease, pregnancy and the compromise of one’s morality. I also attribute this easy attitude to a more lax parental stance concerning their children’s morality. Many of today’s parents are simply too busy to take an active role in their children’s lives, and they are afraid of being laughed at or rejected by their children if they try to instill some real morality in them. When I was growing up, my parents did not once talk to me about the dangers and moral compromise of premarital sex, nor did any of my friends’ parents talk to them. Sex was something we did because everyone else was doing it – so we thought – and we saw nothing wrong with it. On the contrary, in my husband’s native land, where young people are simply brought up with the idea that sex is only for after they’re married, I have not yet met one woman who was not a virgin at marriage. In his country, they do not have the pervasive sex in the media, either.

User Detail :  

Name : Angela, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 25, City : Farmington Hills, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Martin

I am 20 years old and still a virgin and also proud of it, and also believe that ture love waits, but i don’t think that you have to be married to find ture love, ok so it sounds like a cop-out but for me the whole thing about the ture love waits thing is that you should not be pressured into something you don’t want or are not ready for. You may find someone you think your in love with but your boyfriend/girlfriend might not love you in the same way you think he/she does, but that shouldn’t mean that you should not have sex with that person, should it

User Detail :  

Name : Martin, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Age : 20, City : London, State : NA Country : United Kingdom, Occupation : student, 

joseph29116
    Participant

Virginity is looked down upon by many young people because in their eyes there is a thin line between people who dont want to have sex and people who cant get sex anyway because they are physically unappealing.

User Detail :  

Name : joseph29116, City : sydney, State : DC Country : Australia, 

Jessica F

I am proud to not be a virgin actually i dont think that it is wrong not to wait. I mean in todays world its amazing to find one. Also its not like its a rule. Its just the whole fact that whats the whole point to it. If you have with only a couple people it does not make you a whore or any of those nasty names.

User Detail :  

Name : Jessica F, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 15, City : Wyandotte, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Sara

The problem as I see is everyone assumes they will be married. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin when your young but I think there’s something wrong with a 30 and older person still holding out for the right one. Once you’re an adult you can make love (or have sex) without slutish ways its called maturity. You should also be knowledgable enough at that point to be able to handle it as well as take care of yourself.

User Detail :  

Name : Sara, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.