Veggie Meat

Home Forums General Diversity Veggie Meat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

LouA

If vegetarians think humans and animals deserve the same rights (at least to not be eaten)then shouldn’t they also be against fake meat (soy burgers, etc). After all, if someone made fake meat that tasted like human flesh, we would ban it. if animals and humans are truly equal shouldn’t you be against anything that simulates it’s taste.

User Detail :  

Name : LouA, City : Hamilton, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Dot

A lot of us refrain from meat because of the health benefits. I personally grew up in a ranching community and I don’t eat meat because I know what goes into modern production. The hormones, the corn feed that produces ecoli, the sloppy butchering techniques, etc. I don’t believe animals should have the same rights as humans and have never met anyone who does. And I live in California, land of vegan whack jobs.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

JerryS

I’ve wondered about “imitation meat” for a long time. I’m an omnivore, and I’m not an animal rights believer (that’s another topic), but I’ve always wondered why people try to make vegetarian foods look (sometimes) and taste (almost never) like meat. I guess it’s to wean people away from meat, or keep them from missing it. As for making fake meat that tasted like human flesh, I’d have some pointed questions for anyone who bit into ANY food and said “You know, this tastes like human flesh”.

User Detail :  

Name : JerryS, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

EllinI

Fake meat is not a problem because I know it’s not real animal flesh.

User Detail :  

Name : EllinI, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.