Utahns/Mormons Staring

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Utahns/Mormons Staring

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anna

I moved to Utah about six months ago. Upon my arrival I was met with a strange welcome. I noticed (far unlike N.Y.) I would get stares and glares from people. I am aware that Utah is predominantly White/Mormon(LDS) yet it still bothered me. I could understand when a 2 year old child did it but not an adult did it. It didn’t stop there it got worse with actions. There were several times that I bought hundreds of dollars of merchandise at a store and wasn’t given a bag. I’ve had my credit/bank cards handed to my friends instead of me, after making a purchase. Worst of all, I was actually called the ‘N’ word one day from behind, by the time I turned around they had left. Is this a cultural characteristic with Whites in the west, Whites in general, or is it the religion (Mormon, LDS) which heavily influences 80% of the state? I am seriously considering leaving the state for good.

User Detail :  

Name : Anna, Gender : F, Race : Black (Ethiopian)/Indian (East India), Religion : Jewish, Age : 19, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.