Treated differently by black women

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Treated differently by black women

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Steve

Why is it that when I take my African-American sons to the grocery store, I am treated differently by black women than when I take my white kids? It seems black women to a large degree are more engaging around my black sons, not afraid to make eye contact, smile or say hello — cordial to me without necessarily saying a word to the boys. I’m invisible, it seems, when my black sons are not there, but some of my other boys are with me and I don’t think I present myself differently in either instance. Conversely, white women tend to stare more at my black sons and universally are cool and unreceptive to contact regardless which kids I take. I hate to think this might be a subtle racial snubbing, doubt seriously it’s a sexual thing. What’s going on here? And, yes I do take all my kids out together on occasion and not just the black ones or the white ones or the Asian-looking one but with six boys it’s not always feasible or tolerable to deal with them all in a grocery store!

User Detail :  

Name : Steve, Gender : M, Race : American Indian, Age : 44, City : Austin, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Public Relations, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.