Touching pregnant women

Home Forums Gender Touching pregnant women

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tracy J.

Since I’ve been pregnant with my first child, I will have complete strangers come up to me and rub my belly. Why do people think it is socially acceptable to rub pregnant women’s bellies?

User Detail :  

Name : Tracy J., Gender : F, Age : 25, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : writer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cyndi

Some people are not socially educated. I have two children. I found that while I was pregnant, people I knew, and didn’t know, found joy in knowing of the miracle of life growing inside. The joy they feel elicits an urge to ‘take part’ in that joy. They hope to feel the life growing inside, maybe the baby kicking, or moving. People who have not had the experience of pregnancy often have a ‘want’ to know how it feels. Although people you don’t know really shouldn’t approach you and rub your belly without asking first, hopefully you can understand that they must be happy for you. I hope that the people that approach you do it in a kind way, as any other way is wrong. If you feel strongly about not letting someone touch you, be assertive.

User Detail :  

Name : Cyndi, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 41, City : Stoneville, State : MS Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Cat

People are fascinated with pregnant women. Think of all the complex events that had to occur in order for you to get to the point you’re at. It’s truly a miracle, and miracles inspire people. Perhaps they want to feel like they’re a part of your personal miracle? Who really knows? Miracle or not – I wouldn’t dream of walking up to a random pregnant woman to rub her belly. It’s not my place (or anyone else’s) to walk up and touch a stranger. There’s no reason to, and it’s an invasion of personal space.

User Detail :  

Name : Cat, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 20, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Susan R.

My son is 14 months now. When I was pregnant not many people touched my belly without asking. My friends and I would sit around and talk about this very subject and some said a lot of people did touch their bellies and some said they did not. So it is my own opinion that maybe it is the personality of the pregnant woman that may draw strangers to touch their bellies. Who knows? I usually have that serious-yet-friendly look so people really aren’t sure if they should approach me or not.

User Detail :  

Name : Susan R., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 29, City : Cleveland, State : MS Country : United States, Occupation : full time student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.