The way Asians walk

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity The way Asians walk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Joyce

Could someone please tell me why most older Chinese/Asian people (especially men) walk with their hands behind their backs?

User Detail :  

Name : Joyce, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, City : Orlando, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

David29217
    Participant

There is nothing wrong with this, simply humility, have you tried it?, I have an asian girl friend, and her grandfather does the same, im not bothered. I simply take it as it is, just as why some younger african american males, limp as they walking, or buy pants sizes three times larger than theirs, yet they still ‘sag’. humility…is the best answer i can give you for your question..

User Detail :  

Name : David29217, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Nigerian, Religion : Non-Denominational, Age : 21, City : Fontana, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper class, 

seki
    Participant

Whenever I see an elderly Asian person walking with their hands behind their backs, I can’t help but feel some sort of ‘radiant wisdom’ emanating from them… It’s really odd. Anyway on a more physical level, it could simply be because of back problems that emerge later in life. I think Asians tend to grow a lot older than other peoples due to things like diet (soy, tofu) and lifestyle. And because they live longer, more physiological problems tend to surface. Hands behind the back could be acting as a balance of a hunched back; and it is relaxing.

User Detail :  

Name : seki, Gender : M, Race : asian/european, Age : 21, City : Brisbane, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : marketing & publications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Hemanth
    Participant

Hi Joyce, I am Asian but an Indian. Asians are of so many varieties. But I agree with your observation. In India too, many walk like you say. Chinese and Indians are over-crowded (huge population, less space) and they probably fear bumping others with their hands! when they walk. It is only my guess. For your info, I don’t walk like that! Bye! Best regards

User Detail :  

Name : Hemanth, City : Bangalore, State : NA Country : India, 

Madskills
    Participant

Because it shows status(class, Etc) shur shur hawaha

User Detail :  

Name : Madskills, City : philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, 

Siggy19782
    Participant

To be honest…I’m asian…and I have no idea…maybe its an osteoperosis (did I spell that right?) thing.

User Detail :  

Name : Siggy19782, City : Newport Beach, State : CA Country : United States, 

Mike19586
    Participant

They might be doing so to be polite.

User Detail :  

Name : Mike19586, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, 

Daryl28758
    Participant

Probably to show of their flat abs and the fact that age has not mean hobbling, bent over a walker. Or do you probably have a better way to suggest to them?

User Detail :  

Name : Daryl28758, Gender : M, Race : Asian, Age : 30, City : Fort Worth, State : TX Country : United States, 
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.