Survivors Of Concentration Camps

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Survivors Of Concentration Camps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Christie

I am a tenth-grade student in the central Square area in New York. I am doing a project on World War II concentration camps and what is was like for people. I have a few questons I would like to include in my project, such as what situations you went through and how that period of time was for you and your family. Also, what do you think about prejudices today? Do you feel people are getting better or worse? And last but definitely not least, do you think history could repeat itself? Do you feel that people respect you more today? Have people ever said “Hey I’m sorry about what happend to you and your family.”? Or asked you about what went on? I’m very interested in what happened in concentration camps, and yes I have learned in school but I would like to hear it from a surviver.

User Detail :  

Name : Christie, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 16, City : Central Square, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

Dave

I am not a concentration camp survivor. But you did ask whether it could happen again, and the answer is yes. It is happening again in other parts of the world – if it ever really stopped. The Nazis are not ancient history to be studied like the Roman Empire; they are very recent, and many of the people who took part in World War II are still alive. And it isn’t just a European problem. Look at modern-day Rwanda to see how hatred has no bounds. The India/Pakistan conflict is more of the same. Humans, by nature, can be violent and hateful.

User Detail :  

Name : Dave, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 31, City : Atlanta, State : GA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.