Straight women and lesbians

Home Forums Sexual Orientation Straight women and lesbians

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jason

I cannot begin to fathom how a man could lust for another man. Of course, I understand why a woman would enjoy sex with a woman. Are straight women as disgusted by lesbians as straight men are by gay men?

User Detail :  

Name : Jason, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 27, City : Greenville, State : NC Country : United States, Occupation : Communications, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Melanie20763
    Participant

Most women are not disgusted by gay women. I have tried it and talked with a lot of other women, and they all agree they are into trying it sometime. Women are beautiful and know how to appreciate another woman’s body. It is a fantasy for most.

User Detail :  

Name : Melanie20763, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 28, City : Winnipeg, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Technical School, 

Jacqueline-C21004
    Participant

I am a straight woman, and I do not have any problem with homosexuality. I also know many straight men who are not bothered by it, either. It’s just a fact of life – some people are gay, some people are straight. If you are comfotable with yourself and secure in your sexuality, you shouldn’t have any problem with someone who is gay.

User Detail :  

Name : Jacqueline-C21004, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amy31588
    Participant

I disagree. I am female, and I think it sounds revolting.

User Detail :  

Name : Amy31588, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Age : 27, City : Charleston, State : WV Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

I’m at a loss to understand how it’s ‘disgusting’ to consider male-to-male sex, but it’s easy to ‘…understand why a woman would enjoy sex with a woman.’ I find this to be an outrageously sexist statement, indicative of your disrespect for women and your male-superior outlook. My straight male friends are perfectly comfortable being around me and my gay friends. Why? Because they are heterosexual and are secure/comfortable with their sexuality. Blanket assumptions, like ‘all straight men are disgusted by gay men,’ are the easy way to dismiss gays and categorize them as lesser peoples not deserving of rights that ‘ordinary’ (read: straight) citizens enjoy. It’s a dark path. I would hazard a guess that you don’t know any gay men. But there are very likely some gays in your sphere and you just don’t know it. If you did, you would be forced to make a choice of learning about how gay men aren’t deserving of your disgust or of stepping your bigotry up another level and disassociating from known gays. It’s up to you, but I would suggest that you follow the teachings of Christ and exhibit love toward your fellow humans, not judgment.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark Bentley, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : UFMCC - Cathedral of Hope, Age : 39, City : Dallas, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Financial analyst, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Kathy26678
    Participant

Why is it that homosexuality between women is ‘understandable,’ while male homosexuality is not? You might want to think over why your fantasies mingle with your biases.

User Detail :  

Name : Kathy26678, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 25, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

DanaBoy

I think you need to ask yourself this question: When you are surfing the web and come across XXX sites featuring lesbian sex, why does this turn you on?

User Detail :  

Name : DanaBoy, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, 

CP19370
    Participant

My natural reaction is more or less the opposite of yours. I can see the attraction of lesbian sex, for example I imagine that maybe another woman would be able to understand women’s needs. I am more turned off by imagining two men having sex. I think that maybe this is because it excludes me, because it almost seems a rejection of me as a woman, because I cannot picture myself in that situation. (These are just my uncensored feelings, not moral judgements.)

User Detail :  

Name : CP19370, Gender : F, Age : 22, City : Montreal, Quebec, State : NA Country : Canada, 

Grasshopper
    Participant

When I was in high school 30 years ago, the thought of anything about homosexuals, gays or lesbians made me ill. I attribute that to being young and immature. I am straight, and have no interest in being with a woman, but over the years, especially since I’ve been exposed to all different lifestyles, I have become very accepting of ‘alternative lifestyles.’ I attribute this to the fact that I’ve worked for Social Services for 10 years and have been exposed to different cultures, as well as to my ability to ask questions of the people in these cultures. This includes Afro-Americans, Latinos, Vietamese, etc., and gays. I suppose it has to do with what you have been exposed to (I grew up in middle-class, all-white suburbia, with a father who was extremely prejudiced against anyone who didn’t fit into the ‘white’ lifestyle). One thing about working for a government agency – you are surrounded by a wide variety of different cultures/lifestyles. For the past five years I have experienced friendship with many gay friends, and have had the opportunity to ask all the questions I’ve had for so many years about the gay lifestyle, how they ‘discovered’ they were gay and the hardship they have had to endure in ‘coming out.’

Last year I was honored to be the ‘best man’ at my friend’s gay wedding (which, of course isn’t legal yet in California). It was a wonderful ‘committment ceremony’ that I will treasure forever. I just returned from a visit with my relatives in Minnesota, who are very ‘Christian.’ I had to go on this visit because my uncle has cancer. They seemed repulsed when I mentioned the wedding I had attended, which didn’t surprise me. I only wish I had had the fortitude to tell them that because of my emergency trip to Minnesota I was unable to fill my committment in an AIDS Ride.

I only wish narrow-minded people could open their minds and accept alternative lifestyles. After all, when we are cut, don’t we all still bleed the same way? Actually, I only wish my straight friends were as devoted to real friendship as much as my gay friends are. Oh, my nickname, Grasshopper, was given to me by a friend – because I continue to search for answers to my questions.

User Detail :  

Name : Grasshopper, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 46, City : Carson, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Social Worker, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Meg21924
    Participant

I once kissed and ‘fooled’ around (very minor stuff, just grubbing, first-date sort of stuff) with another girl because we both were curious. I tell ya, it was pretty boring and no big deal once the “new” part wore off. It was odd to not feel beard stubble, or that ‘male’ scent I’m accustomed to, and I was not aroused as I am when I kiss and pet a man. Nope, I’m not revolted, I just wasn’t aroused, either. My current boyfriend was revolted when I told him of my ‘experiment’, which runs against the common theme that men dig the idea of two women together. He’s expressed concern I’ll ‘turn gay’ one of these days, and I have had to explain in detail that girls are NOT for me, after all. Been there, done that,don’t want to go back.

User Detail :  

Name : Meg21924, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 30, City : Mobile, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Chris

I’m an 18-year-old straight male in the heartland of Ontario, and I resent the implication that you have taken it upon yourself to speak for all straight men regarding homosexual love. I don’t see myself doing that anytime soon, and I probably would not want to, but if it is what someone wants to do, so be it (“An ye harm not, do as thou wilt.”).

Last summer we had a posse of Baptists from, I think, Kansas come up to Ottawa, burn the Canadian flag as the ‘Fag flag’ and stage protests outside of government buildings and churches that perform homosexual weddings. I found this highly offensive as a Canadian; I don’t like it when people burn my flag, and I haven’t burned anybody else’s flag recently, and I just remember thinking ‘Who are they to say what’s right and what’s wrong?’ A homosexual should be judged on the content of his character and what he can contribute to society as opposed to his sexual orientation.

User Detail :  

Name : Chris, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 18, City : Kitchener, State : NA Country : Canada, Occupation : High School Student/Meat Clerk, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, Social class : Middle class, 

Cay

I read somewhere that most females are bisexual, while most males are either straight or gay. I have no idea how accurate this can be, and I don’t accept it that readily. Anyway, I cannot see why you ‘of course’ understand why a woman would enjoy sex with another woman. You definitely do not know how that feels!

User Detail :  

Name : Cay, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Catholic, City : Hong Kong, State : NA Country : China, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.