Stable Relationships

Home Forums Gender Stable Relationships

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Robert-W
    Participant

I am a man who loves horses. Yet it seems that more than 80 percent of the people involved in horsemanship are women (mainly teenage girls), while men are indifferent for the most part. Anyone have a theory about why this is?
    Original Code GE47. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click “to respond” below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Robert-W, Gender : M, Age : 34, City : Birmingham, State : AL Country : United States, 

Anne-M
    Participant

This is a mystery horse-loving women ponder, too! You’d think that men interested in meeting women would gravitate to horses, but instead they seem to prefer NASCAR racing. Seriously, I’ve seen speculation that, women like the idea of being able to control large powerful animals. I don’t think that’s it. I do think that horses represent a fantasy that can actually be made real – the special friendship, the freedom of riding and the comaraderie of other women who like being around horses too. Robert, consider yourself lucky. You’ll never be lonely.

User Detail :  

Name : Anne-M, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Anglo/American Indian, City : Albuquerque, State : NM Country : United States, Occupation : Writer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Tracey

I say horse pucky. Tell it to the NFR. It’s a certain type of person who is attracted to horses- not a certain sex. Women love horses and equestrian sports for the exact same reason that men do. The thrill of control, the freedom, the pure enjoyment of spending time on the trail, the mastering of a difficult physical pursuit, and the satisfaction of doing something well is part and parcel of horse ownership. You don’t need brute strength to be an equestrian. You need a logical mind and a soft heart. You quickly learn you can’t strong arm a 1200 pound animal and if you try, he’ll teach you that won’t work. Horse folks are generally empathetic, have other animals as well as their horse and can be found in every part of the world, in every economic strata and social sphere and in every feed store on a Saturday morning. If you don’t think boys are attracted to the lifestyle you should visit one of the many barrel racing arenas in the area. Youngsters and oldsters, male and female alike ride in endless circles waiting for their turn in the arena. I think the question might be why there aren’t more men at boarding stables. That’s easy. Men buy ranches.

User Detail :  

Name : Tracey, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 40, City : Jacksonville, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : retired, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.