SOMEBODY has to be the parent

Home Forums Age-related SOMEBODY has to be the parent

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

GC19538
    Participant

It seems that people of my generation just don’t care about raising their children. It’s not that they don’t WANT children, they just don’t want to raise them. Why is this? Everywhere I go, children are out of control. They run around in restaurants, they scream in grocery stores, they talk through movies (although that’s not just children), they hit their parents, and they whine or scream when they don’t get their way. Why don’t parents discipline their children? Is it a fear of being disliked by their children? Is it a fear of being called abusive by onlookers? (Please note, I am not advocating beating your child into submission. There are other forms of discipline). Is it because parents believe their children should be aloud to run rough-shod over everyone and everything in their path in the name of exploration and discovery? Do parents just not realize that their children’s behaviour is obnoxious to other people? Is it just a reflection of the general decline in manners and social awareness that seems to be advancing with no end in sight? Is this just an American phenomenon or is this happening everywhere? Why don’t people make it clear to their children that they do not get everything they want when they want it, and that it is not okay to scream uncontrollably when their wants are not met?’

User Detail :  

Name : GC19538, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Caucasian/Japanese, Age : 30, City : Oahu, State : HI Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.