My fear of racial genetics

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity My fear of racial genetics

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

anon23914
    Participant

Maybe this musn’t be posted. I’m sorry to write it; I certiantly can’t put my name to it, and I hope my privacy will be respected.+ I desire with every bone in my body to be non-racist; yet, I’m haunted by the question: How do we know that all races are genetically psychologically the same, and what do we do if they’re not?+ People of different races are susceptible to different diseases, and exhibit predicatble differences on the ‘outside’–how do we know that no similar differences exist on the ‘inside’?+ I hope that genetic testing reveals that our minds are the same–that some mechanism has insured that our brains are the same, despite the varibility of our exteriors. But if not, what?+ I have the sinking dread that everything will fall apart if this is true. And it could be. If it is, what would we do? What?

User Detail :  

Name : anon23914, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, City : urbana, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.