Mixed-race couples

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Mixed-race couples

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

N. G.
    Participant

I have seen more African-American men with Caucasian women, too, and wondered to myself about that. Maybe white men come across as racist, as there are far more white men in all media, and those in positions of power tend to be pretty constrained by the status quo. I have many African American male students, and two have said aloud they would never date a white girl—that they are lame, untrustworthy, etc. Several have said they would date white girls, and think they are more passive than black girls. I never did get any consistent answers, as this topic came up spontaneously in class and was not asked by yours truly. My students are really outspoken overall, so I could ask them this fall for more details, ha ha. Regarding the fat women with black men: Perhaps black men are more open-minded about weight.

User Detail :  

Name : N. G., Gender : Female, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 52, City : New Berlin, State : WI Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

SD

I still don’t get the mixed-race thing. As un-popular as this may be, I don’t agree with it. And it has nothing to do with one race being better than another, etc.. Relationships are difficult enough to sustain without adding the burden of racial differences in the mix. From what I have observed, Black men tend to like either bleach blonde Barbie type White women or the extremely overweight trailer-trash White women. The trailer-trash types seem to be more prevalent with Black men. It’s usually the rich athletes who find the trophy White Barbie to date and marry and the ghetto gang that date the overweight trailer trash ones. Stereotypical? You bet. Accurate? You bet.

User Detail :  

Name : SD, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 38, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Executive, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.