Is this behavior strange?

Home Forums Sexual Orientation Is this behavior strange?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Jenn S.

There is this woman that works in my office building that appears to be lesbian. I and several other people have noticed that when she’s in an elevator instead of just facing forward like most poeple do, she will turn around and pick someone and just stare at them and fix her eyes on their waist area. She even does this in the bathroom and it’s usually women in their 30’s with attractive bodies for the most part. Is this lebian behavior, or something beyond that like psychotic/crazy behavior?

User Detail :  

Name : Jenn S., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 31, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : Own my own clothing boutique, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Ann L. Lowenstein
    Participant

I’m leaning towards ‘psychotic/crazy’. The lesbians I know don’t do that sort of thing. She may have massive issues with her own appearance, and continually ‘sizes up’ other women to reinforce her own low self-esteem and feelings of worthlessness in order to justify some negative behavior, or she just may be terminally rude, and totally socially inept. (There ARE folks like that in the world, you know…).

User Detail :  

Name : Ann L. Lowenstein, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Animist, Age : 37, City : K.C., State : MO Country : United States, Occupation : Administrative Assistant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Amanda

I think your colleague is a nut.

User Detail :  

Name : Amanda, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 20, City : Columbus, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Alma

This behavior is rude, offensive and completely inappropriate in the workplace, gay, straight, bi or transgendered, period. As a out-of-the-closet lesbian for over 20 years and a former union steward, I can tell you this behavior is not inherent to her sexual orientation. She’s either trying to control and humiliate women with this behavior, or she has some serious emotional issues that she needs to deal with. In either case, the first rule of sexual harrassment, to confront and identiy, needs to apply here. Confront and identify…’I don’t know why you’re staring at my body like this, but I find it very offensive. Stop it or I’ll file a sexual harrassment complaint against you and I will forward the complaint all the way up the chain if necessary.’

User Detail :  

Name : Alma, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 54, City : Kempner, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : human resources, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Marianne

This is not “lesbian” behavior. It’s just odd and apparently, disconcerting. “Lesbian behavior” is; Working, playing, paying the bills, raising kids, going on vacation, making love with women, going to school, working for peace/being in the miltary, giving to charity, walking the dog, making love to women, cleaning the house, gardening, doing karate, doing chores, running errands, sleeping, going to the gym etc. Get my message?

User Detail :  

Name : Marianne, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 54, City : Portland, State : OR Country : United States, Occupation : Stage Manager, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

She may have claustrophobia and focusing on something allows her to control the fear she has in small, enclosed places. She may also be really shy or self-conscious and unable/unwilling to make eye-contact or get into conversations with others that sometimes get started in elecators. She may not be staring at anyone’s waist but simply staring at nothing in particular, it just may appear she’s staring at the waist. And maybe she picks women to start at because men make her uncomfortable, perhaps because she was a victim of violence or abuse or rape at the hands of a man. My point is that simply because she APPEARS to be staring at women’s waists does NOT mean she’s a lesbian or that she’s psychotic/crazy. There may be a perfectly logical explanation for her behavior if you toss out all the

User Detail :  

Name : ShellyStrauss Rollison, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 49, City : New Alexandria, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Minister, writer, activist, CNA, draftsman, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

AlainaR

No it’s her lesbo laser shooting eyes that are fixating on those she wants to convert. That statement sounds about as ridiculous as yours. NO this is not “normal lesbian” behavior. Lesbians are female humans with a different sexual orientation, key word being HUMAN. This behavior is not normal for a human, take the lesbian part out. This is just strange human behavior. Imagine if she were straight. Would you ask if this was normal straight behavior? No, I bet not.

User Detail :  

Name : AlainaR, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 28, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.