Is ignorance truly bliss?

Home Forums Religion Is ignorance truly bliss?

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I’ve grown up in the USA, in an almost fanatic Baptist household, and proud to say that no religion runs my life. My grandparents have disowned me for this, and my parents aren’t far behind. I donate money to charity every month; I once saved 4 young kids’ lives (including one sibling) from drowning; I am never unkind to a stranger. According to most of the Christian religion, I’m going to burn in hell. The thing is, there are thousands of religions out there, and the Christian religion(s) is/are really only a drop in the bucket. The Muslim, Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, etc., when brought the subject of Jesus Christ, feel he was nothing but a babbling fanatic/lunatic, or they just ask, ‘Who?’. Sure, Christianity may prevail in its volume of followers, but you must acknowledge the fact that this White/Caucasian based religion carries the ‘most followers” boy scout patch because of this: the White/Caucasian had better technology, better training in combat, and who was somewhat merciless in the days of the spread of Christianity. So, my question is this: Why is it that if you were born in a place where Christ was never heard of, and you only know of YOUR religion and how it makes YOUR life work just fine, that in accordance to most of the Christian religion, YOU go to hell? I suppose God made ignorance an act punishable by torture for all eternity?

User Detail :  

Name : Jake Alcorn, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : Longwood, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Telecommunications, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.