Is anal sex harmful?

Home Forums Mature Is anal sex harmful?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Alex B.

Is it true that males who have regular anal sex are damaging their insides?

User Detail :  

Name : Alex B., Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Native American, Age : 33, City : Santa Monica, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Exec. Asst., Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

John

If it were, there would be a lot of people, both male and female, with torn up insides. The key thing to remember is reason. Just like vaginal sex, it should not be done unprotected unless you are monogamous with someone. In addition, the passive partner needs to be able to relax the anus and lower rectum. If toys are used they should be clean, reasonable size and shape, etc. If the active partner is a male using his penis, there is probably a bit more sensitivity to size, as the rectum is not quite as “stretchy” as the vagina is.

If you are interested in doing this as a passive partner, you might want to try masturbation with your own toys and fingers first. Then have the active partner stimulate you digitally when you are comfortable with this, before moving on to anything larger and more aggressive.

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 44, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : systems analyst, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Mark A.

Frequent and deep anal penetration can cause irritable bowel syndrome. IBS is the alternating conditions of constipation to uncontrollable diahrrea. You’d think it’s no big deal, but both conditions are in the extreme case and IBS leads to colitis sometimes. Colitis is a more severe case of IBS. And some- times leads to the need for a cholostomy bag! Keep in mind that this isn’t the destiny of evey person who has anal sex. It’s just a possibility for some men and women.

User Detail :  

Name : Mark A., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 32, City : Clinton Township, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Paramedic, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Ben S.

In my experience as a sexually active gay man, I have only seldom heard of anal sex being harmful. Trauma can occur when either of the partners wants to penetrate or be penetrated too quickly without relaxing the sphincter. I’ve never heard of anyone suffering Irritable Bowel Syndrome as a result of anal sex, though in theory it could be possible. There are so many possible causes of IBS that it might be hard to pinpoint anal sex as the problem. The only situations I’ve heard of where colostomy bags are necessary are guys who’ve engaged in fisting over a fairly long period. And in those cases they’ve used douching to such a degree (to prepare themselves) that this may be a factor in the lack of bowel control.

User Detail :  

Name : Ben S., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 31, City : sydney, State : NA Country : Australia, Occupation : Public servant, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

James20896
    Participant

Mark, I am a physician and can tell you that anal sex is not associated with irritable bowel syndrome. Before you make yourself an expert on the subject, be sure to do some research of the literature. Furthermore, it is spelled ‘colostomy,’ not cholostomy, or however you spelled it.

User Detail :  

Name : James20896, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Boston, State : MA Country : United States, Occupation : physician, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

BJ
    Participant

I have anal sex a lot and am still OK. I think it’s great; I love the tightness of the way it feels, and I don’t have any trouble afterward; the semen just comes out when you poop. At first I bled a little, but unless it is with someone really big, I don’t bleed anymore. I always use vaseline to insert it because that’s the hardest part, but I’ve been doing it for five years and I’m fine, so I wouldn’t think it’s any different for guys. I love it.

User Detail :  

Name : BJ, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 30, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Social class : Middle class, 

Simon28000
    Participant

Not if it is done right. The secret is to go slow and use lots of lubrication. And of course, the same applies to women and anal sex as well.

User Detail :  

Name : Simon28000, Gender : M, City : Oakland, State : CA Country : United States, 

John

If it were, there would be a lot of people, both male and female, with torn-up insides. The key thing to remember is reason. Just as with vaginal sex, it should not be done unprotected unless you are monogamous. In addition, the passive partner needs to be able to relax the anus and lower rectum. If toys are used, they should be clean, of reasonable size and shape, etc. If the active partner is a male using his penis, there is probably a bit more sensitivity to size, as the rectum is not quite as ‘stretchy’ as the vagina is. If you are interested in doing this as a passive partner, you might want to try masturbation with your own toys and fingers first, then have the active partner stimulate you digitally when you are comfortable with this, before moving on to anything larger and more aggressive.

User Detail :  

Name : John, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 44, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Occupation : systems analyst, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Lyn
    Participant

I honestly don’t know the long-term effects and have never heard an answer from a professional on the topic, but I will tell you that ever since my boyfriend wanted to try anal sex, my bowel movements have changed. I think there probably would be some damage to someone who has anal sex often, considering it is very fragile tissue and especially because it wasn’t exactly made for that use.

User Detail :  

Name : Lyn, Gender : F, Age : 20, City : Gainesville, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.