I need your help

Home Forums General Diversity I need your help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

M. Carter

I am working on a report for college English that identifies cultural differences in the business world. I need people to share a variety of ideas regarding their own cultural beliefs.

User Detail :  

Name : M. Carter, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 28, City : Petoskey, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 

You have chosen a very big topic and you need to be a bit ‘specific’. There are probably hundreds of books and magazine articles on your topic. One issue might be the payment of taxes by businessmen in Russia. I have read that the system is so corrupt and that everyone has to pay ‘protection money’ to gangsters who in turn protect you from themselves, each other, and the government. If you pay taxes it means that you can afford to pay a higher ‘protection fee’ and that only gets you into trouble. In Africa you have to be good to your relatives for they are the only people you can count on if your in trouble – this makes massive corruption almost mandatory. I have heard that in this country as well as globally chinese business men are very reluctant to hire anyone who is not a ‘relative’ because they feel that only relatives can be trusted. In Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc. men and women can only meet electronically – never face to face – while working together for the same enterprise. In this country there is also the problem of workers having too many ‘rights’. In some parts of the USA jobs are very scarce because employers go to other parts or hire ‘undocumented’ workers who are easier to deal with because they do not have so many rights. In fact, far from taking jobs from the natives, a lot of ‘undocumented’ workers make it possible for the natives to have jobs by doing those things that the nativess will not do for the wages offered. That is some undesirable jobs have to be done by someone so that the more desirable jobs are available to the natives with all their high expectations and limited skills.

User Detail :  

Name : joshua goldin, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Humanist, Age : 60+, City : College Park, State : MD Country : United States, Occupation : teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

annonymous

Ms.Carter: Can you be more specific? Your question is too general to understand what exactly it is that you need. Are you interested in different diversity programs currently in place in corporate arenas,or the demographics of groups in different industries? When you ask about cultural beliefs, what specifically are you referring to? Some of my beliefs I suspect affect my views/actions in the workforce and others do not, and I’m not quite sure what is a cultural belief as oppose to a personal one? Please, clarify. I’d be interested in hearing your objective and the opinions of others. Good luck. Would you be interested in private correspondence? If so, include your e-mail.

User Detail :  

Name : annonymous, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 34, City : Detroit, State : MI Country : United States, 

S. Shoop

I’m a white male and work as a network administrator. I beleive that you do a good job and you get paid for a good job, otherwise you don’t. I find unions to be unneeded baggage. In this economic environment, if you have to rely on a union to get you a raise, then you’ve given up on yourself. I beleive that the color of your shin, your religion or where you come for should not be the reason you are working for your company. Rather it is a job well done or history of other jobs well done that should be the determining factor for a hire. I know these beliefs are nothing new, but I wanted to share them with you.

User Detail :  

Name : S. Shoop, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Baptist, Age : 40, City : Jersey Shore, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Network Administrator, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Lower middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.