How do ‘True Believers’ justify their wealth?

Home Forums Religion How do ‘True Believers’ justify their wealth?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #10287

    Lindsey
    Member

    Do people who consider themselves ‘True Believers’ really think God will reward them for donating 10% of their income to the church, and spending the other 90% on their big homes and expensive vacations?

    User Detail :  

    Name : Lindsey, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 28, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
    #20437

    AlainaR
    Member

    I just got through reading an article about the difference between “prophetic” ministers (traditional fire and brimstone preachers) and “properity” ministers. The latter pertaining to the “crisis” that is, has and will tarnish Christianity. They believe that God has already rewarded them with money and pass on that if you pray and do God’s work (which I think in their minds gives them the right to judge everyone else) that you too can become wealthy and get out of the rut you are in or continue to bask in the glow of God’s (tax deductable) love. I too believe it is wrong for those in the clergy to drive 3 cars, have a house on the lake and Armani suits. That money belongs to the church and to those who could use it for good. Ahhhhh, gotta love the Almighty dollar.

    User Detail :  

    Name : AlainaR, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Lesbian, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Episcopalian, Age : 28, City : Cincinnati, State : OH Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.