Holy sheet!

Home Forums Religion Holy sheet!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SingleWF
    Participant

Is it true that Hassidic Jews must have a sheet between them (with a hole cut in it) while having sexual intercourse? If so, why?

User Detail :  

Name : SingleWF, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, 

Me21889
    Participant

This isn’t true. The Urban Legends Reference Pages address this issue quite nicely at the following: http://www.snopes2.com/spoons/fracture/sheet.htm

User Detail :  

Name : Me21889, Gender : M, Age : 27, City : San Francisco Bay Area, State : CA Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

JerryS

I am not a Hassidic Jew, but I’m certainly familiar with Jewish law, and my grandparents started out Hassidic. Unless they have some secret practice not shared by or known to other Jews, this sheet story is poppycock. It may be that this is a distorted version of an actual practice. According to Jewish law, a menstruating woman is ritually unclean and may not physically touch or be touched by a man. Once her period is over, she will undergo a cleansing ceremony and can then interact normally with her husband. While she is unclean, a wife and husband will sleep in separate beds to avoid both accidental contact and temptation. (In fact, she will avoid doing anything to encourage displays of affection, such as making his favorite food.)

User Detail :  

Name : JerryS, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, Age : 52, City : New Britain, State : CT Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 

Dave

Of course it’s true! How else would one have sex? Without a hole in the sheet?

User Detail :  

Name : Dave, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Gay, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Jewish, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Retired Rabbi, Education level : Less than High School Diploma, 

John

I’m a male virgin, but as far as I understand, you don’t need any form of sheet. You just get naked and stick the penis into the vagina.

User Detail :  

Name : John, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.