Hispanic women wailing and passing out at funerals

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Hispanic women wailing and passing out at funerals

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Talula
    Participant

Okay, I’m responding to R435 about Hispanic women wailing and passing out at funerals. I’ve been to numerous ‘Hispanic’ funerals and not once have I seen anyone faint. I’ve seen open expressions of grief, but fainting — not yet. Here’s an interesting observation my brother has made while being employed at a funeral home. He says different ethnic groups respond and react to grief at a funeral in different ways. The African American funerals are filled with wailing,loud screaming, shouts, singing, affection,and on very rare occasions, disputes and arguments. The Mexican American funerals consist of grieving openly, and most people stay for the actual underground burial. The Anglo Americans are not as emotional and are mostly reserve. They immediately leave as soon as services are over and do not linger until the ground burial. I thought this was a very interesting observation.

User Detail :  

Name : Talula, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Religion : Catholic, Age : 41, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.