Head coverings

Home Forums Religion Head coverings

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Maggie

I am a nurse and would like to be sensitive to all the patients I care for, so my questions is: Why do some males from India wear head coverings? What is the religious meaning of this, and why is it important to them ?

User Detail :  

Name : Maggie, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Pine Bush, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : RN, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Abhinav
    Participant

I believe you are refering to people who follow the “Sikh” reliegon in India. The reason for wearing the head covering is to cover their long hair. Sikh men grow long hair and take a vow not to cut it to honor their guru (master) who had won freedom for them and taught the Sikh way of life. I am not Sikh but am still taking the liberty to answer this question based solely on my knowledge from Sikh friends I had in the past.

User Detail :  

Name : Abhinav, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Hindu, Age : 25, City : Troy, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Manager, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.