Do younger people “get” age-related illnesses?

Home Forums Disabilities/Challenges Do younger people “get” age-related illnesses?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Martha

Do younger people understand how age-related diseases like arthritis affect someone’s lifestyle, even if they’re not in a wheelchair?Having worked all my life, and being unable to the last five years, I sometimes feel that my two disabling diseases are not quite accepted or believed. My life is good, I am active and I try to avoid letting people know I’m disabled other than on days I must use my cane or shop with my significant other.

User Detail :  

Name : Martha, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : New Age/Metaphysical, Age : 59, City : Portage, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Retired Social Worker, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Yes, I have something called Kallmann’s Syndrome, I’m 25 years old and I have Osteoperosis. My bones didn’t mature.

User Detail :  

Name : Thomas Hunt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Jeromesville, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 

I use to be puzzled at my folks who are 40 years older then me when they talked about arthritis, but at age 17 I developed it and was shocked. Try getting a prescription for celebrex from a doctor or insurance company at age 17. In college I see, many ‘normal’ people wasting their lives when they could end up like me over night.

User Detail :  

Name : Jeff Cobner, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Disability : Blind and wheelchair, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Richmond, State : VA Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower class, 

BeBe23294
    Participant

I would say yes. My older sister found out that she had arthritis in her wrists when she was only 23. She is a drafter and works on a computer everyday Some days she has to whare a wristband and others it is almost imposible to work,due to the pain.

User Detail :  

Name : BeBe23294, Gender : F, Age : 23, City : Eglin, State : FL Country : United States, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.