Do white people smell funny?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Do white people smell funny?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

CarrieT

Sometimes I hear people say that white people smell like wet dog or sour milk. I think it’s kind of funny because it never occurred to me to attach a smell to a group of people…maybe that’s just me. Anyway, even if it is a stereotype, I still don’t want to smell bad, so can anyone confirm this and does anyone have any rational theories, cultural or biological, about why this might be? –Carrie T., white, Houston TX

User Detail :  

Name : CarrieT, Gender : Female, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, 

Dot

Unless you’re talking about the elderly (who may have trouble bathing), it’s likely that whites use more hair and body care products than other races. Partly due to more disposable income and partly because they are targeted by advertisers… I bet an average person has about five different products on him/her on a given day. That could smell funny. Right now I smell like shampoo, hair gel, face cream, body lotion, deodorant, toothpaste and laundry detergent, and I haven’t even put any make up on yet.

User Detail :  

Name : Dot, Gender : Female, Age : none, City : L.A., State : CA Country : United States, Social class : Middle class, 

TM

I work around caucasian people, and I am african american. I have experienced the we dog smell, and I have come to blame it on the person being around their dog prior to coming to work.

User Detail :  

Name : TM, City : Raleigh, State : NC Country : United States, 

yes, according to non-whites, white people smell funny when they have wet hair. supposedly it is becauser of the fact that our hair is finer and picks up odor more easily than others. i dont smell it, so i might be used to it, or it could just be false.

User Detail :  

Name : norbertneuman, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Bisexual, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 17, City : mahtomedi, State : MN Country : United States, Social class : Upper middle class, 
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.