Chinese food: tastes like chicken?

Home Forums Geography Chinese food: tastes like chicken?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Elizabeth-S25309
    Participant

To Chinese people, or people who work in a Chinese restaurant: Do you kill cats, cook them and sell them to your customers, stating that it is chicken? Please be honest.

User Detail :  

Name : Elizabeth-S25309, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Mixed race, Religion : Catholic, Age : 23, City : Philadelphia, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : aspiring actress, Education level : 2 Years of College, 

Mr. Clark
    Participant

I worked in a Chinese restaurant for more than two years, and we didn’t use any cats at all. But we didn’t use chicken, either. We substituted turkey as chicken (more white meat for the buck).

User Detail :  

Name : Mr. Clark, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Vancouver, British Colombia, State : NA Country : Canada, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Lower middle class, 

Leonard

Cat (or dog) meat does not taste like chicken. Cats and dogs are very inefficient sources of protein. In other words, they are much more expensive than pork or chicken. Cats and dogs are delicacies in China. They are served only on special occasions, and not everyone in China can afford them or has a preference for them. Believe me, they are not served in Chinese restaurants in North America as chicken because of the cost. Chinese living in America also understand the taboo against eating cat or dog meat in this culture. I personally don’t know any Asian (or Chinese) American who eats their pet for dinner in North America.

User Detail :  

Name : Leonard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 45, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

John29269
    Participant

This has to be the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. I’m white, but I think lots of these Chinese restaurants would be closing by the thousands. In New York City, for example, you know what meat you’re getting because the chicken is hanging by the window.

User Detail :  

Name : John29269, Gender : M, City : Chestnut Ridge, State : NY Country : United States, 

Gene

While living in Central California during the middle ’70s when the Vietnameese people started to arrive, all the cats on the south side of town were disapearing. Come to find out they were eating them. They even went to the dog pound to buy them.

User Detail :  

Name : Gene, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 55, City : Cleveland, State : MN Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Leonard

Cat (or dog) meat does not taste like chicken. Cats and dogs are very inefficient sources of protein. In other words, they are much more expensive then pork or chicken. Cats and dogs are delicacies in China. They are served only on special occasions and not everyone in China can afford them or has a preference for them. Believe me, they are not served in Chinese restaurants in North America as chicken because of the cost. Chinese people living in America also understand the taboo against eating cat or dog meat in this culture. I personally don’t know any Asian (or Chinese) American who eats their pet for dinner in North America

User Detail :  

Name : Leonard, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Asian, Religion : Agnostic, Age : 45, City : Tampa, State : FL Country : United States, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.