Bothered by the Confederate Flag?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Bothered by the Confederate Flag?

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Wallace24356
    Participant

As a lifelong Southerner, I have always had a strong attachment to Confederate symbols such as the Confederate battle flag, and I have always revered them. However, after watching the news the other day, I saw a bunch of racists using those same symbols to provoke black folks. My question is: Do black folks feel agitation by these symbols? If so, how much? I have always seen them as part of my region’s unique culture and history. I am no racist, nor do I associate with those who are. I understand some fools use them, like they use the cross and the U.S. flag, as racist symbols, but that isn’t what it is about to me or anyone I know. I would appreciate any comments and would like to hear from Northern black folks and Southern black folks to see if there is a difference between the two.
    Original Code R228. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click “to respond” below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Wallace24356, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, City : Suwanee, State : GA Country : United States, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.