Blacks wearing hats indoors

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Blacks wearing hats indoors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Wesley24429
    Participant

Are there separate kinds of manners rules for whites and blacks? In my experience, wearing a hat in school or a restaurant or residence was always considered insulting and/or a sign of a lack of manners, and always stamped a person to be of low breeding. Why do the majority of black males feel it’s OK to do this? Or is this just another way of thumbing their noses at a mostly white society ?

User Detail :  

Name : Wesley24429, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, City : Brigantine, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Retired, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Lorraine22592
    Participant

The majority of black males? You’ve come across the majority of black males in this country? Please. White men do the same thing. It’s attributable to age, not race. Black people also consider this poor manners; my mother doesn’t allow hat-wearing in her home. Hopefully, you’ll broaden your view and notice that plenty of white, Asian, Hispanic and any other garden variety of young males are also doing the same thing. Also, you seem a bit paranoid if you think that someone wearing a hat indoors is meant to offend the white race.

User Detail :  

Name : Lorraine22592, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Chicago, State : IL Country : United States, Education level : 4 Years of College, 

Steve27681
    Participant

I see white males wearing those ubiquitous baseball caps indoors all the time. I don’t think this is a race thing, I just believe that no one feels wearing a hat indoors is bad manners any more.

User Detail :  

Name : Steve27681, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 40, City : Houston, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, 

Greg21573
    Participant

Time are changing so does people’s manners for better or worse.

User Detail :  

Name : Greg21573, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Catholic, Age : 33, City : Yorktown, State : VA Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 

Sharon28098
    Participant

Ever see Queen Elizabeth on TV, indoors or out, without a hat? Or have you ever gone to Church on Easter Sunday and not seen at least one Lady or Gentleman wearing a hat?

User Detail :  

Name : Sharon28098, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 27, City : Ann Arbor, State : MI Country : United States, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Marcus-P22207
    Participant

From my experience, more white men wear hats indoors than blacks. You seem to have made a very narrow-minded statement for someone who has more than 4 years of college education. Moral, as well as intergroup understanding is usually better developed in a person with the education you claim to have. I would suggest being less emphatic next time you state an assumption as a fact.

User Detail :  

Name : Marcus-P22207, Gender : M, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 25, City : Orange Park, State : FL Country : United States, Occupation : Student-Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, 
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.