Black History Month

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Black History Month

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Stephanie27802
    Participant

I have 2 questions regarding this subject. First of all I view black history month a form of reverse racism. I think the people who fought and died for our country deserve a month in their rememberance alot more than a race. Also why not have an Italian history month? Or Asian, Hispanic, Native American, and so on. Since ther are so many different cultures and most people are a mix of 2 or more of them my first question would be why not make it culture history month? I refuse to observe this month in any way and I don’t want my child to be forced to when he reaches school age. Do I have any rights as a parent to protect my son from having to observe another culture when he isn’t givin a month to observe his own? Or do I have to confine him to home schooling? Have teachers encountered this at all? Do they give alternate assignments to children in this case? I am very serious about this issue, not just a hatefull white person. I belive everyone should be looked at as equal and taking one month out of the year to observe one race without giving the same to all other races/cultures is racist.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie27802, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Age : 21, City : Phoenix, State : AZ Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.