Asians walking in my way – why?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Asians walking in my way – why?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cliff

Why is that many Asians (American or national), and particularly women, seem to intentionally walk in your path? If I am walking near the side of say a building and she or he is approaching from my far side, that person will leave their initial path and walk in front of me to squeeze by a tiny space by the wall. Huh? Please anyone help explain. It is quite annoying as it is appears that they expect me to move out of their way.

User Detail :  

Name : Cliff, Gender : Male, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Atheist, Age : 33, City : San Francisco, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : DMI technician, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

AngieBrown

I’m Asian and to be honest, I get EXTREMELY annoyed by people who intentionally walk in my path. I’m a fairly small woman (remember that the zone of “personal space” is greater for smaller people), an it extremely frustrates me when people get too close. The rule of thumb is, you walk on your right side and the people walking in the opposite direction walk on their right (your left). It seems that you have the same problem I do and expect the other to move. I admit lots of Asians do this (older) as in Asian countries are used to walking close to people because its heavily populated, but I’m a national and I won’t move mainly because I’m sick of people who don’t know how to walk on the sidewalk. STAY YOUR OWN SIDE@@

User Detail :  

Name : AngieBrown, City : Los Angeles, State : CA Country : United States, 
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.