Any Egyptologists out there?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Any Egyptologists out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Diane25737
    Participant

One argument against multiculturalism is that people who support it ‘make-believe’ that Egypt and its pyramids are an important part of African-American heritage. What are some arguments that Egypt is not a legitimate part of black culture?
    Original Code R581. Click here to see responses from the original archives. Click “to respond” below to reply.

User Detail :  

Name : Diane25737, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, Age : 44, City : Durham, State : NC Country : United States, 

Brigit
    Participant

When I look at people who are from countries like Morocco and other Middle Eastern countries, it seems obvious to me they are a mixture of White/European people and Black/African people. Even the location of their countries would make this easily possible. During the Gulf War, I noticed that the prince of Saudi Arabia looked like any black man in the world. When I went to see the treasures of Egypt, I was struck by how thick the lips were on the statues and in the paintings. The nostrils were flaired, not narrow. Even when I look at the features of King Tut, they look like a black person of mixed descent, or someone who is biracial. They don’t look Anglo or white. It amazes me that people think Egyptians were not of African descent.

User Detail :  

Name : Brigit, Gender : F, Race : Black/African American, City : Inglewood, State : CA Country : United States, 

John K.

I think it depends on how you wish to define “black culture.” Egypt has always been a bit isolated from the rest of Africa, mostly because of the various Middle Eastern entities that continually took control of the region. Egypt has been conquered and occupied by all kinds of nations in the past … Nubians, Assyrians, Persians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans, etc. Most of the invaders came from the north, not from Africa, so there is more than enough reason to believe Egyptian culture is not entirely “black culture.” It all comes down to how a person wants to look at it. Or more realistically, it all depends on how a person wants to spin history for their own purposes.

User Detail :  

Name : John K., Gender : M, Age : 26, City : Cranford, State : NJ Country : United States, Occupation : Chemical Engineer, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 

Confused32014
    Participant

How could Jews build the pyramids of Egypt? King Khufu reigned well before the birth of Judah and the enslavement of the Hebrews…

User Detail :  

Name : Confused32014, City : NYC, State : NY Country : United States, 

Jackson

I think one of the things that blind people is that they look at how the people of Egypt look today. The ancient Egyptians, however were a black skinned people. They called themselves Kam or Kam-Au (black people/black god-people), and thier country Kamit (or Khemit), both meaning the land of the blacks, and the black land. Europs first historian, Herodotus said ‘the Egyptians, Colchians and Ethiopians thick lips, broad noses, wooly hair and are of burnt skin.’ Egyptian civilization evolved from Ethiopians. The bible equates Ham (Afircans) with Egypt (Ps. 78:51; 105:23, 27; 106:21, 22). Many ancient statues and drawings show the ancient Egyptians with thier Africoid features and black skin. Destruction of Africoid art did’nt only occour in Egypt. It also took place in the Americas, Asia and India. Inscriptions and hieroglyphics are defaced or bleached, noses are knocked off, shot off or chiseled down. In temples and monuments where destruction was less desirable, Many Europeans would replace the African inscriptions with new ones which credited themselves for the achievement.

User Detail :  

Name : Jackson, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Hebrew, Religion : non-denominational, Age : 26, City : Lima, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : Technical School, 

D. Ross

The ancient Eygptians were dark skinned people like all other Africans. Europeans like to talk about the later dynaties of Eygpt when it was sieged by the Greeks and Romans. When you look at the earlier statues of Eyptian culture, the pharoes had African features. The Middle East is a part of Africa. Actually, it is a northern extention of Africa. During European colonialization is when African culture became tampered with. All African do not share the same culture, there are many different groups and tribes who practice different rituals. The Egyptians had a different culture than the Hebrews, as the Hebrews had a different culture from the the Ethiopians. All which are black skinned Africans.

User Detail :  

Name : D. Ross, Gender : F, Age : 24, City : Ross, State : OH Country : United States, 

B Caveney

<> There is no evidence that the Jewish People built the pyramids (any of them). The pyramids were Old Kingdom, possibly earlier, and theyre were no Jews in Egypt at the time. There is, however, a great deal of evidence that they were built by crews of Egyptians who, because of the annual innudation of the Nile, were unable to work the fields. These crews were possibly unionised, payed, and took a great deal of pride in their work. There is absolutely NO evidence that the Jews were even in Egypt (beyond the bible) and they certainly didn’t build the pyramids.

User Detail :  

Name : B Caveney, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Pagan, Age : 40, City : Marina, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : freight handler, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.