An Observation

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity An Observation

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Nick Ward
    Participant

The other day I was sitting outside my dorm, enjoying my buzz from the substance I had just smoked. A young man came outside and sat down by me to smoke a cigarette. Normally I wouldnt have talked to this person, simply based on the fact that it appeared that we had nothing in common. But, my buzz got the better of me and I struck up a conversation with him for about a half hour about pot, and the joys therein. I then realized something that bugs me. Why is it so hard for people to look beyond skin color and just look at the person, and from their personality derive the reasons for their attitudes, ect. Why does everyone insist on grouping ethnicities together, and saying ‘blacks are like…’ or, ‘white people are…’, instead of just looking at each person as an individual and saying ‘THAT PERSON is…’?

User Detail :  

Name : Nick Ward, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Atheist, Age : 19, City : San Marcos, State : TX Country : United States, Occupation : Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.