American blk women and dissing each other

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity American blk women and dissing each other

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

alea29007
    Participant

Why is it that black american women like to ‘diss’ one another so much? Throughout most of my life, whether its at school, work, or traveling, black american women have usually been nasty to me for no reason and I’m a black woman so I don’t understand it. I’ve noticed that they do this among themselves alot. Without knowing me, they will look at me as if they want to fight me or they’ll insult what I’m wearing, like my shoes or something else petty. On the other hand, caribbean black women are usually the opposite. My parents are from the West Indies so I live in a mostly immigrant community and here in New York am exposed to them alot. I never get the same nastyness and hatred. It seems to me that American black women prefer to diss each other moreso than being civilized. Why is that? Are there historical reasons for this?

User Detail :  

Name : alea29007, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.