Age Discrimination – Kallmanns Syndrome

Home Forums Disabilities/Challenges Age Discrimination – Kallmanns Syndrome

• This topic has 1 voice and 0 replies.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I have something called Kallmann’s Syndrome and to give you the really short version of it: There’s something wrong with my pituitary gland, it doesn’t produce the necessary hormones for the body to mature naturally. That’s the short version, easiest way to understand. I’m 25 years old, have yet to reach puberty and am constantly treated like I’m gay, a woman, or a freak show. It’s to the point that I won’t go out in society anymore because what a lot of people don’t realize is that words not only hurt you emotionally, but they hurt you spiritually and even sub-consciously. My question is that why is it that you have to prove yourself to society before you’re taken in? I’ve been asked to proove(sp?) that I’m a guy and I’ve felt that I’ve had to do things just to fit in. It’s not right that I’ve had to go out and be stared at, even stopped by a passing police officer to proove that I’m 25 years of age. I’ve been beaten up because of this. It’s just stupid. Yes, there’s treatment for it, but what can one do when they have absolutely nothing? Suck it up and deal with it? Bottle it up? I’ve tried that, been through an emotional breakdown. I don’t believe in fighting and won’t even consider going there. Why do people have to be so short minded and have to have their little inner circle of ‘acceptable’ individuals in this world? If it sounds like I’ve become bitter, I have. 21 years of crap and I couldn’t take it anymore. Bust my butt in school only to be constantly ridiculed and picked on, get out of school to get a job and then face the ever so fun sexual discrimination, and then to end up in broken relationships where women say that just because I haven’t reached puberty, I don’t have the capacity to love. That just isn’t right.

User Detail :  

Name : Thomas Hunt, Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Religion : Christian, Age : 25, City : Jeromesville, State : OH Country : United States, Education level : High School Diploma, 
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.