Reply To: What do you think of teachers?

Home Forums Occupation What do you think of teachers? Reply To: What do you think of teachers?

Shari

I am also a teacher, and I have experienced similar attitudes. They were generally linked to the false idea that teachers get the summers ‘off.’ These people were obviously not teachers and didn’t know any very well. Unfortunately, I think many people have this attitude and are resentful, perhaps. Any teacher will tell you that our summers are not free. We are preparing for the following school year, often in addition to working a summer job to supplement our income. We spend hours each week at the library and other places, researching, planning, preparing, etc. We have less than two monthsto prepare 10 months’ worth of lessons and activities for 15 to 200 or more students. I wish those people who think we have it so easy could teach for a year. Then they might understand what a respectable, honorable and difficult thing it is to teach.

User Detail :  

Name : Shari, Gender : F, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 29, City : Canton, State : MI Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper middle class,