Reply To: Misconceptions of Africans/Black Americans

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Misconceptions of Africans/Black Americans Reply To: Misconceptions of Africans/Black Americans

Stephanie

I am a college student. Recently we had several students from the Ivory Coast as exchange students for seven weeks. At a Black Student Association meeting I befriended them, and we hungout for the time they were here. I eventually found out that Africans think African Americans are lazy and/or violent people. This is because of the media’s portrayal of black Americans. When they came to my this university they were shocked at how we as a people on this campus totally smashed the image they previously had. We proved that we do have people in our race who work, are friendly, attend higher educational facilities and are caring.

User Detail :  

Name : Stephanie, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Christian, Age : 21, City : Indianapolis, State : IN Country : United States, Occupation : College Student, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,