Reply To: Are biracial kids African American?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Are biracial kids African American? Reply To: Are biracial kids African American?

Dawn

First of all, the understanding of the term ‘biracial’ is very simple. Biracial children are not categorized as ONE race. I have a biracial daughter who is blessed to be part white and part ‘black’. Her father is not ‘African American’, but black. He is not a descendant of Africa and I feel that it shows disrespect to say so. The bottom line is that biracial children are CHILDREN. They did not ask to be born into a world that feels as though people HAVE to be placed in some type of racial category. They are blessed to be part of many heritages and should learn so as well. My question is: ‘When you look at a biracial child, what do YOU see?’ A child’s life is a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark! The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them. We are all pencils in the hand of God.

User Detail :  

Name : Dawn, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 27, City : Troy, State : AL Country : United States, Occupation : Teacher, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,