Reply To: Bush for president?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Bush for president? Reply To: Bush for president?

Lucy22470
Participant

Joe B. says: ‘I know Y? Forum frowns on posters getting on a soapbox, especially if they are white, so I seriously doubt if you’ll see my response.’

Oh please. Take that chip off your shoulder and actually read the posts on this forum. There are plenty of posts from people up on their soapbox – even from whites. Back to the issue at hand: You want to know, ‘Why did a lot of housing project-living black Americans support Gore/Lieberman?’ News flash – most of them didn’t. Just as most lower-class whites didn’t support Bush. The sad fact is that most Americans didn’t support either candidate. They were too lazy, apathetic or disillusioned to even get out and vote. In my opinion, the lack of voter participation in this country is a much bigger issue than why people are drawn to a specific candidate or political party.

User Detail :  

Name : Lucy22470, Gender : F, Race : Hispanic/Latino (may be any race), Age : 26, City : San Jose, State : CA Country : United States, Occupation : Engineer, Education level : 4 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,