Reply To: Always victims?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Always victims? Reply To: Always victims?

of the treatment of African Americans in this country? Slavery-theft of the home, religion, language and way of life, from a people. Tearing apart the families…selling children away from their parents, to the highest bidder. Women raped and ravaged. Jim Crow-Extremely violent time in African American History-Lynchings were prominent during this time. It was a common occurrence to hang AA men, or ‘hunt’ them, for sport. Civil Rights Movement-Shootings, lynchings; death was the sentence for a AA trying to vote or fight for equal opportunity The Tuskegee Experiments – African American men allowed to fester in syphilis, while doctors deliberately did NOT treat their illness…instead, they gave these men placebos, and told them it was medicine that would make them well. Most died from the illness. And of course no one took responsibility…Former President Bill Clinton was the ONLY president to ever publicly apologize for these atrocities. Abner Louima, Amadu Diallo, Eleanor Bumpurs, Natasha Jackson, Michael Stewart, Yusef Hawkins, and the countless numbers of African Americans who were slaughtered in this country, and the brothers and sisters who continue to be misused, abused and slaughtered in this country. I don’t see myself as a victim, I see myself as an emotionally/physically strong sista…who will not tolerate for one second any abuse or misuse from anyone…and if anyone is foolish enough to step to me that way, that person will feel my wrath.

User Detail :  

Name : RhondaOutlaw, Gender : F, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : Black/African American, Religion : Lutheran, Age : 41, City : New York, State : NY Country : United States, Occupation : Account Representative, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,