Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Home Forums Race/Ethnicity Is Spanish language taking us over? Reply To: Is Spanish language taking us over?

Tom R.

I agree with you that this catering to Spanish-speaking people is unwarranted. The reasons are, I think, that with computers, it’s easy to program ATMs, phones, signs, etc. in another language. It happens that at this time of technology, the major influx of immigrants is Spanish-speaking. Business is always seeking to increase their customer base. That’s another reason, along with the feeling that it’s ‘good’ to make things easier for the ‘disadvantaged’. If there were computers when the eastern europeans came here in droves (my grandparents), there might have been phone routing and ATM screens with a Polish or Slovak option.

User Detail :  

Name : Tom R., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Freedom, Age : 50, City : Pittsburgh, State : PA Country : United States, Occupation : Operations Manager, Education level : 2 Years of College, Social class : Middle class,