Reply To: Reply To: Why assumptions about Gays/Chrisrianity/Bible

Having read all the previous replies to this girl’s question and similar answers to questions involving homosexuality and Christianity, I can’t help but wonder what people think being gay actually involves. All this talk about ‘it’s bad and it says so in the Bible’ and ‘don’t worry, you can still be saved if you change now’ isn’t really answering the question. I believe that if you honestly feel attracted to members of the same sex, then ‘changing your sinful ways’ is not going to make you feel any better, no matter how hard you pray for forgiveness. All these fundamentalist replies reek of mindless preaching, and will never solve the ‘gay problem.’ I mean, that’s what most Christians observe gays to be, isn’t it? Patty P. has a very good point concerning internal vs. external authorities and spiritual growth through self-examination. If people don’t stop approaching homosexuality with a Bible-bashing mentality and start thinking and debating about how it really affects your relationship with God, then no answers will ever present themselves. I think homosexuality is a subconscious attempt by mankind to limit the population explosion, but that’s just me.

User Detail :  

Name : Alistair M., Gender : M, Sexual Orientation : Straight, Race : White/Caucasian, Religion : Christian, Age : 23, City : Durban, State : NA Country : South Africa, Occupation : Biotechnology Masters Student, Education level : Over 4 Years of College, Social class : Upper class,